In another sign that use of Open Source software in organizations is now mainstream, FuseSource, an open source integration and messaging solutions company, released the results of a survey that attempts to profile the usage of Open Source within the enterprise.
The survey reported the following:
- 51 percent of respondents said that they plan to deploy Open Source software in more than 50 percent of their enterprise application projects.
- 73 percent of respondents said that Open Source provided them greater flexibility than traditional software license models
- 58 percent of respondents said that Open Source helped them to reduce their development time schedule
- 89 percent of respondents said that the potential cost savings of Open Source is a driving factor that caused them to consider the use of Open Source
- 73 percent of respondents said that Open Source software often offered superior technical benefits when compared to traditional software